An Open Source System is an Software Application, where source code is available for modifications, customization and Integration as per your requirements. The Open Source Application provides a framework which can further be customized to build an application to suit different individual’s requirements.
We at 3G Logic have core proficiency in Open Source Application Customization and Development. The expert team of our company has been offering Open Source driven solutions to various worldwide clients for over a decade. LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), one of the most popular open source combination is implemented for web technologies and used for custom made ebusiness solutions.
1) Cost Effectiveness : Open source programs are often accessible at reasonable cost or at very low cost. This is the crucial point for individuals or in some other cases the main reason for an individual choosing a particular open source solution over a closed source option. The solutions generally require no licensing fees. The only costs required are for media, documentation and support.
2) Time: Fast deployment is guaranteed with open source solutions. The software ensures consumers software solution in less time. With open source software, both known and unexpected users can be rapidly provisioned.
3) Flexibility / Extendibility: The intrinsic flexibility feature of open source software brought about by having access to the source code. It means that the system can alter as you need it to without restricting you to a fixed feature set. Open source solutions help you to evade becoming over-reliant or get fixed into the offerings offered by a single vendor.
4) Accessibility: Open source applications are customized by all with the necessary skill. The open source software is readily accessible and can be tailored to meet particular requirements of user.
5) Security: Open source facilitates you to study software for security errors. The incessant and large-scale peer-review allowed by publicly obtainable source code develops security via the process of detection and exclusion of flaws that might otherwise be overlooked.
Following are some widely used Open Source Applications for various online businesses and industries.